The School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos – University of First Choice and the Nation’s Pride, a leading, reputable first generation Institution for postgraduate education and research in Africa, situated in the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from recognized institutions for admission into Postgraduate programmes of the University in the 2020/2021 Session, namely:
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes.
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. LL.M, M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., etc.).
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. EMBA, LLS, MAG, MARPM, MBA, MBF, MCM, MCrim, MDF, MDM, MDR, MDSS, MEM, MESM, MFM, MGIS, MHDM, MHyS, MILD, MILR, MLA, MMAM, MMP, MPA, MPE, MPH, MPIA, MPM, MRM, MRPP, MSEM, MSIS , MTL, MTPM, MTTFL, MUD, MULTP, etc.).
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes.
There is flexibility in the mode of study with Full Time, Part Time, Executive and Sandwich options as applicable.
How Much is UNILAG Postgraduate Form?
As usual, the price of UNILAG Postgraduate Form has always been N22,500. So there is no change in the price as the school maintained the status quo for this 2020/2021 academic session.
How to Apply For UNILAG Postgraduate Form
There two basic steps involved when it comes to how to apply for UNILAG Postgraduate. The steps are:
- Payment of the application form fee
- filling and submission of the form online
How to Pay For UNILAG Postgraduate Form
You can pay for UNILAG Postgraduate Form online or through the banks within the campus.
The UNILAG Postgraduate forms fee can be paid to any of the following banks within UNILAG: Access Bank Plc, Ecobank Plc, First Bank Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, UBA Plc, Union Bank Plc, Wema Bank Plc and Zenith Bank Plc. Before going to the bank, you must first of all generate and print out your Reference Number.
Please note that the banks will not attend to you without a reference number. So you have to come to our outlet in UNILAG for your reference number.
How to Fill UNILAG Postgraduate Form
Filling and submission of the form demands high level of precision, accuracy and technical skills as a slight mistake can disqualify you from being considered for admission.
So if you don’t know how to continue UNILAG Postgraduate application via UNILAG Postgraduate application link, don’t worry as we are here to help.
In order to avoid mistakes, we suggest you come to our outlet in UNILAG so that our team of experts can help you with the process of purchasing, filling and submission of the UNILAG Postgraduate Admission/Application Form. We shall also give you counselling where necessary. Here, 07063746706, is the number to call for proper direction to our outlet in UNILAG. Please come along with the following documents:
- Original Copy of your First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- Original Copy of your NYSC Certificate
- White Background Colored Passport
When is UNILAG Postgraduate Form Closing?
Sale of Application Forms commences on Monday, 25th May, 2020 and ends on Sunday, 14th August, 2020.
Completed Application Forms are to be submitted ONLINE not later than Sunday, 21st August, 2020.
Please note that a hard copy of the application form with photocopies of your credentials have to be submitted to the department you are applying for. Hence, the registration process does not end with just filling of the form online. You have to come to the school to submit the hard copies regardless of where you are.
UNILAG Postgraduate Form Extension
Will the sales of UNILAG Postgraduate Application Form be extended after the deadline elapsed?
Well, we can’t say yes or no categorically. This is because of the fact that extension of the sales of the form depends on the number of people that have obtained the forms.
The truth is that UNILAG School of Postgraduate Studies has a target number of application forms that must be sold before the school can stop selling it. If the school reaches that target number before the deadline elapses, there won’t be any need for extension.
However, if the school doesn’t reach that target number before the deadline, then the sales of the form will be extended.
UNILAG Postgraduate Available Courses
UNILAG Postgraduate School has a wide variety of courses ranging from academic to professional courses.
Most of the courses are available for Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Master Degree, Master of Philosophy (MPHIL) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes.
Meanwhile, some of the courses are available for only full time, some are for only part time while some are available for both full time and part time.
UNILAG Postgraduate Admission Requirements
An applicant for admission to a programme shall be:
- A person who possess a Bachelors’s degree of this University or any approved University;
- A person who holds other qualification(s) recognized by senate of the University of Lagos;
- In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
Note that the requirements above are the general admission requirements for admission into any course in UNILAG SPGS.
However, there is a specific admission requirements for each course and candidates applying for any of the courses must have the specific admission requirements for that course in addition to the general admission requirements above.
For instance, the specific admission requirements for Master of Philosophy (MPHIL) in Psychology is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with a minimum of Second Class Upper or its equivalent from the University of Lagos or any other recognised University
- Master degree in Psychology with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 from the University of Lagos or any other recognised University;
Therefore, any candidate applying for MPHIL in Psychology must have this specific admission requirements in addition to the general admission requirements.
Want to know the specific requirement for your course? then use the comment section at the end of this article to post your question, and I shall respond to you ASAP.
UNILAG Postgraduate Entrance Exam
In case you don’t know, UNILAG Postgraduate Entrance Exam comes up immediately after the sales of the application form.
In other words, all applicants for Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Master Degree, and Master of Philosophy (MPHIL) must seat for the entrance exam which usually comes up few weeks after the closure of UNILAG Postgraduate Application Portal.
The entrance exam is more or less an aptitude test used to screen out some of the applicants competing for the university’s admission capacity.
When is UNILAG Postgraduate Exam?
UNILAG Postgraduate Entrance Exam usually comes up few weeks after the closure of the application portal.
Just as we said earlier, the 2020/2021 UNILAG Postgraduate form application deadline is 14th August, 2020.
Consequently, the entrance exam begins two weeks after the deadline.
UNILAG Postgraduate Aptitude Test
UNILAG Postgraduate Aptitude tests are used to determine candidate’s mental ability/potential to cope with Postgraduate studies in the school.
It is also used to select the best candidates out of the over 20,000 candidates that are usually competing for the school’s 12,581 admission capacity.
UNILAG Postgraduate Aptitude Test comprises of two types which are:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Paper Based Test
Computer Based Test (CBT)
Computer–Based Testing (CBT) is simply taking a test on a computer, using the keyboard and mouse to “flip through” and “answer” your test questions that appear on a computer monitor.
lnterestingly, the aptitude test for most of UNILAG Postgraduate Courses and programmes are CBT.
For example, the entrance exam/aptitude test of the followings programmes are CBT.
- UNILAG MBA
- Master of Science (MSc.) in Finance
- Master of Developmental Finance
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Education Administration and Planning
- Master of Education in Education Administration and Planning
- Master of Science in Economics
- Master of Public and International Affairs (MPIA)
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Mass Communication
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
Paper Based Test
Paper Based Test is a hand written aptitude test which could be either objective questions or theory questions or both.
The entrance exam for most of the academic courses are paper based test.
Below are some of the courses and programmes that do paper based test:
- Master of Education in Business Education
- Master of Art in Philosophy
- Master of Diplomacy and Strategic Studies (MDSS)
- Master of Science in Microbiology
- Master of Art in English
- Master of Art in History and Strategic Studies
How to Pass UNILAG Postgraduate Exam
Adequate preparation is the the key to success in pursuit of UNILAG Postgraduate (PGD, MBA, Masters & PhD) Admission. This is why we deemed it necessary to counsel you on how to pass UNILAG Postgraduate exam.
There are basically two ways to adequately prepare for UNILAG Postgraduate (PGD, MBA, Masters & PhD) entrance exam, and they are explained below.
- Study UNILAG Postgraduate Past Questions
- Attend the entrance exam Tutorial
Please consider the recommendations above as compulsory, not optional, if you really want to excel in the exam and get admitted into UNILAG School of Postgraduate Studies.
The magnitude of candidates that usually apply for UNILAG Postgraduate (PGD, MBA, Masters & PhD) Admission is excessive thereby making the admission very competitive and difficult.
However, if you prepare adequately by following the recommendations above, your success is guaranteed.
How to Get UNILAG Postgraduate Past Questions
Studying the past questions and amswers is one of the ways to prepare adequately for the entrance exam.
This is because University of Lagos (UNILAG) School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS) is known for repeating most of their past questions.
Fortunately, we have the past questions and answers for virtually all the courses. We have both soft (PDF) and hard (Printed on Paper) copies.
The price for soft copy is N3,000 while the price for hard copy is N4,000. If you want to get the soft copy, Click Here.
To get the hard copy, simply come to our outlet in Faculty of Education, University of Lagos (UNILAG).
Please call this number 07063746706 for further direction to our outlet in UNILAG. But if you cannot come to our outlet in UNILAG, then call to find out other options available.
UNILAG Postgraduate Entrance Exam Tutorial
Please if your first degree was not in University of Lagos (UNILAG), make sure you join a tutorial. We have our reasons for saying this and it is not something we can talk about here.
We understand how important your pursuit of postgraduate degree is to your career. This is why we are inviting you to attend our tutorials. Kindly check out some of the benefits of attending our tutorials and how to register below.
Features and Benefits of Our tutorial
- There is a lecturer for each course.
- Each lecturer is already a postgraduate (Masters, Mphil and PhD) student of the course you are applying for. Most of them also passed through our tutorials. They are in the best position to teach you what to expect in the entrance exam.
- There is a separate class for each course. Hence, the classes are not combined as you have in other tutorial centres who fail to take into cognizance of the uniqueness of each course.
- We have over 97.3% success rate which is our key selling proposition
- We do follow up to ensure your admission is secure
- The venue is inside UNILAG
- Adequate parking space
10:30 am to 4:30 pm (If the schedule is not convenient for you, call Mr Anthony on 07063746706 for other options)
The tutorial fee differs from one course to another. Kindly Click Here To Find Out The Tutorial Fee For Your Course. Note that payment by installment is allowed.
How to Register For the Tutorial
Since our lecture holds every Saturday, we recommend you register before Saturday so as to enable us make adequate provisions for you and to avoid any form of dissatisfaction.
This is how to register: Kindly come to our outlet in UNILAG, at Amina Shopping Complex, and fill the registration form and make your payment. Call 07063746706 for proper direction to our outlet in UNILAG.